Orchid farm in Mandai Village, 1970s

 

Title
Orchid farm in Mandai Village, 1970s
Description
This is a photograph of a group of visitors touring an orchid farm in Mandai. Mandai Orchid Garden, the oldest orchid garden in Singapore, was relocated from Mandai to Kranji in 2011. The garden was created in 1951 by Mr. John Laycock, a lawyer and founder of Malayan Orchid Society, the predecessor of Orchid Society of South-east Asia. After his death, his daughter, Mrs. Amy Ede (b.1923-d.2007) and her husband, Mr. John Ede (d.2003), took over the management of the garden. Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book 义顺社区发展史, page 101