Crest of Whampoe English School, 1980

 

Title
Crest of Whampoe English School, 1980
Description
Crest of Whampoe English School. The School motto is "Wisdom is Strength". The school was established in September 1950 at McNair Road, off Towner Road. In January 1984, it merged with Towner School at Serangoon Road to form "Towner Primary School" and functioning at 98, McNair Road. Towner Primary School was closed down in 1997 and demolished in 1998. Past principals of Whampoe English School include Mr. Ng Foon Koo (1950-1955); Mrs. L. Albrecht (Jan 1956-Dec 1959); Mr. Wee Loh Siew (1960); Mrs. Tan Peng Nam (Jan 1961-1966); Mr. C.F. Gomes (Feb 1966-Dec 1976); and Mrs. Koh-Low Mei Leng(Dec 1976-1983). Past principals of Towner Primary School include Mrs. Koh-Low Mei Leng (1984); Mrs. Dinah Gan (1985-1987); Miss Yap Siew Kee (1988-1991); Mrs. Rammie Kuan (1994); and Mr. Wee Kim San (1997).
Source
Taken from book [Whampoe English School] : 30th anniversary, 1950-1980, page [pastedown]