The OverDrive app will be discontinued in early 2023. Users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the Libby app.
How do I set up Libby?
Download the Libby app on App store or Google Play store.
Select 'Yes' if you have myLibrary username > Tap on 'I'll Search For A Library'.
If you do not have myLibrary username, tap on 'Not Yet' to create one. Alternatively, click here to create one now.
Type 'National Library Board' > Select 'National Library Board Singapore' digital collection once it appears.
Enter Library Account Details with myLibrary username login > Select Next to visit NLB's digital collection.
Note: The library card is automatically saved and users will only need to sign in once.
How do I borrow an eBook/eAudiobook on Libby?
1. If you are seeking a specific title, click on the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the title of the desired digital book/audiobook under "Library".
3. Tap on your title and select either 'Borrow' or 'Place Hold'.
How do I add more than one library card to my Libby app?
1. Tap on the Libby icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on 'Add Library' or '1 card +' to add another card under the same library.
3. To add another card, simply enter a different myLibrary username.
How do I access all the eBooks / eAudiobooks I have borrowed?
1. Select 'Shelf' at the bottom right of the screen to access books that you have borrowed.
2. Besides loans, you may also access all reservations and tags placed on titles.
3. To quickly continue reading, simply click on the book title at the bottom of your screen.
How do I return a title early?
1. To return a title earlier, simply select 'Shelf' at the bottom right of the screen.
2. Select 'loans'
3. Select 'Manage Loan' and 'Return Early'.
How do I set up Libby on multiple devices?
1. Tap on the Libby icon at the bottom of the screen (on your first device)
2. Go to "Settings"
3. Select "Copy To Another Device"
4. Enter the eight-digit set-up code on your second device.
How do I find out the amount of time I have left on the waitlist for an eBook / eAudiobook that I reserved?
1. Simply select 'Shelf' at the bottom right of the screen.
2. Select 'Your holds'
3. To view the waitlist information for each reserved title, select the calendar icon.
How do I make adjustments to my reading or audio settings?
1. Click the chosen title and tap on the centre of the page to bring up reading settings.
2. Click on 'A' icon to readjust text scale, background or font style.
3. For text size, adjust the text scale to your desired size.
4. Select bright, sepia or dark background for your reading text.
1. Click the chosen title.
2. Tap on the speedometer icon at the top of the screen to adjust your play speed. For more information, click here for a tutorial video.
3. Set up a sleep timer to pause playback if you would like to time your audiobook. For more information, click here for a tutorial video.
4. To fast forward, simply swipe left and drag on your listening page. Click here for a tutorial video.
Other videos from Libby Academy
If you need further assistance, please contact our helpdesk.