Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah at Victoria Lane, between 1927 and 1970

 

Title
Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah at Victoria Lane, between 1927 and 1970
Description
This is the façade of the double-storey building of Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah, an Islamic religious school at Victoria Lane. The building was built in 1927 and later demolished to make way for a new building in 1996. A new five-storey building at 30, Victoria Lane was completed, and declared open by Mr. Abdullah Tarmugi, Minister in-charge of Muslim Affairs, on 21 April 2000. Past principals include Mr. Syed Abu Bakar Taha Assaqqaf (1927-1951); Mr. Muhammad Alwi Al-Idrus (Jan 1963-May 1967); Syed Ahmad bin Syed Omar Aljunied (1969-1972); Mr. Ahmad Sonhadji Mohamad Milatu (1973-1980); Mr. Syed Agil Othman (1984-1987); Mr. Mokson Mahori (1996-1998); Mr. Zainal Arifin (1999); Mr. Syed Abdillah Ahmad Al-Jufri (2000); Mr. Mohamad Hasbi Hassan (2007); and Mohd. Murat bin Md. Aris (to date). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book Kampong Glam : [souvenir magazine], page 44