Poi Eng Public School at Upper Thomson Road, before 1987

 

Title
Poi Eng Public School at Upper Thomson Road, before 1987
Description
This is a view of the single-storey Poi Eng Public School (培英学校) at Upper Thomson Road. The Chinese-medium school was founded in 1941 by the merger of two rural schools, Fa Chu School (发初学校)and Qi Zhi School (启智学校). Classes was held at Chongfu Primary School at Yishun Avenue 6 until the school was relocated to 651, Yishun Ring Road in 1987 and renamed "Peiying Primary School" (培英小学). Past principals include Mr. Ng Yen Gee (黄衍义, 1970-1985); Mr. Ong Kian Hin (1998-Dec 2001); Ms Yip Moh Ching (叶慕贞, 2003-2005); and Mrs. Theresa Hong-Ng Yin Lieng (伍燕玲, 2008-to date). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book 义顺社区发展史, page 155