San Shan Primary School at Toa Payoh North Road, 1980s

 

Title
San Shan Primary School at Toa Payoh North Road, 1980s
Description
This is the facade of the four-storey San Shan Primary School at Toa Payoh North Road. The school is named after "San Shan School" (三山学校), which was established in 1926 by a group of Foochow businessmen at Craig Road near Tanjong Pagar. San Shan Primary School was declared open by Mr. Michael Liew Kok Pun, Member of Parliament for Boon Teck constitency, on 26 October 1984. In January 2002, it merged with Braddell Primary School, First Toa Payoh Primary School and Westlake Primary School to form First Toa Payoh Primary School at 7, Lorong 8 Toa Payoh. Past principals of San Shan Primary School include Mr. Kao Hung Kang (1962-1963); Mrs. Chow-Hon Kwai Peng (1982); Mr. Lee Peng Chee (1984); Mr. Lee Lam Hua (1992-1995); and Mr. Bala Krishna Krishnayeh Prushotam (1996-Dec 2001). Title devised by Library staff.
Source
Taken from book 新加坡福州会馆庆祝七十周年纪念特刊 = The Singapore Foochow Association 70th anniversary souvenir 1910-1980, page 118