- Handbook to Singapore : with map and a plan of the Botanical Gardens
- Reith, G. M. (George Murray), 1863-1948
Singapore--Description and travel
Streets and Places
Places of interest
- Singapore and Straits Print. Office, 1892
- Digital Description
- application/pdf, 13046 KB, 159 p.
- Table of Contents
- ch. I. Historical introduction
ch. II. The Government-The Garrison and defences-Justice-The Municipality of Singapore-Police-Revenue
ch. III. General description of the town and environs
ch. IV. Favourite walks and drives
ch. V. Public buildings and places of interest
ch. VI. Places of worship and hospitals
ch. VII. The population of Singapore
ch. VIII. Clubs, societies, banks, consulates, hotels shops, &c.
ch. IX. Rates of hire for private and hackney carriages, with tables of distances
ch. X. Steam communication between Singapore and other ports
ch. XI. Currency, weights, measures, time, &c.
ch. XII. Imports, exports, shipping, &c., Singapore
ch. XIII. The fauna, flora, and geology of Singapore
ch. XIV. Climate, monsoons, &c.
ch. XV. The Malay language and literature