This 1983 photograph shows Upper Cross Street, south side. Rows of shophouse buildings, extending to New Bridge Road corner, can be seen in the photograph. After land reclamation in 1881, the original Cross Street was renamed to Upper Cross Street (while the extended street was named Cross Street). Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.