This 1968 photograph shows a shophouse, with the name and services of a company advertised on one of its pillars at the corner of Duxton Road and Neil Road. Known in the past as Silat (or Selat or Salat) Road, Neil Road was renamed in 1858 after the Indian Mutiny hero, Brigadier-General James George Smith Neil. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.