This 1985 photograph depicts a house at no. 53 Rowell Road (at east corner of Kampong Kapor Road). Rowell Road is named after Dr Thomas Irvine Rowell, Municipal Commissioner, acting Colonial Surgeon in 1868, and President of the Municipality in 1888. The roads mentioned are located within the Little India district. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.