This 1992 photograph depicts a house at no. 186 Lavender Street. The first transitional shophouse styled building features a French window in the centre, rectangular transform windows and simple moulded plaster panel below the casement windows. Officially named in 1858 by residents of the street, Lavender Street connects the junction of Balestier Road and Serangoon Road to the junction of Kallang Road and Crawford Street. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.