Showing 1 - 3 of 3
- Remove All
Arts · Streets and Places · Tan, BonnyThis 2005 photograph shows Dalhousie Obelisk with its white and grey exterior. The tall 'needle-like' monument commemorates the visit of Lord James Andrew, the Marquise of Dalhousie, Governor-General of India (1848-1856). It originally stood on the Cenotaph site off Connaught Drive from which it was removed to the Empress Place...
Streets and Places · Lee Kip Lin CollectionThis 1890s photograph shows a view of the Dalhousie Obelisk monument. This memorial obelisk was erected to commemorate the visit of Lord James Andrew, the Marquise of Dalhousie, Governor-General of India (1848-1856) in February 1850. Originally erected near Dalhousie Pier at a site along the Singapore River, the monument has...Reproduction Available
Arts · Streets and Places · Lee Kip Lin CollectionThis 1863 photograph depicts the Dalhousie Obelisk which was then standing at the seaward end of High Street by Dalhousie Pier which can be seen in the foreground. The Dalhousie Obelish was later moved four times, in 1886, 1890, 1910 and 1911, and now stands near the Asian Civilisations Museum...Reproduction Available