Skip to Main Content

Search Results

Showing 1 - 15 of 15
  • Armenian Church, built in 1835 entrance : general view

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows a view of the church entrance with its white-washed exterior walls, front porch, large circular columns, arched windows and pediment. Title devised by Library staff.
  • Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, 2004 : exterior

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows an exterior view of the Church of our Lady of Lourdes at Ophir Road. It captures the neo-Gothic architecture of the church with its fine trimmings and grand arches. The church was gazetted as a national monument on 14 January 2005. Title devised by Library staff.
  • Wesley Methodist Church : general view

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows a view of part of Wesley Methodist Church. The building consists of a modern multi-storeyed structure with curved corners, white exterior wall and exposed brickwork. Title devised by Library staff.
  • CHIJMES Hall and gate : general view

    Arts · Streets and Places · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows a general view of CHIJMES Hall, previously CHIJ Chapel, and the entrance gate. CHIJMES was originally the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus, but its buildings were converted for commercial use and currently house restaurants and shops. This is a view of the exterior of the...
  • CHIJMES Caldwell House : exterior

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This is a 2004 photograph of CHIJMES, which was originally the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus. The buildings were converted for commercial use and currently house restaurants and shops. This is an exterior, side view of the three-storeyed Caldwell House, along Victoria Street with its arched windows and a...
  • Cathedral of the Good Shepherd spire : general view

    Arts · Streets and Places · Tan, Bonny
    This is a view of the spire and part of the main building of the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd. There is a cross on top of the spire. Brown, old rose and white are the predominant colours. Title devised by Library staff.
  • CHIJMES Hall : interior [1]

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This is a 2004 photograph of CHIJMES Hall, previously CHIJ Chapel. CHIJMES was originally the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus. The buildings were converted for commercial use and currently houses restaurants and shops. This is a view of the hall interior showing a wall with three stained glass windows...
  • Wesley Methodist Church, turret : general view

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows a view of the turret of Wesley Methodist Church. The building architecture features exposed red brickwork; narrow, arched windows; and a decorative top. Title devised by Library staff.
  • Armenian Church, built in 1835 : exterior [2]

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows the front view of the Armenian Church, with its white-washed circular pillars, pitched roof and spire. This church, built in 1835, is the oldest church in Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
  • Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, 2004 : exterior

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This is an exterior view of the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd with its window arches, steeple, dark brown trimmings and pitched roof. It is surrounded by a wrought iron fence. Located in the Museum Planning Area, the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd was gazetted a national monument on 6...
  • CHIJMES Hall : side view

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This is a 2004 photograph of the side view of CHIJMES Hall, previously known as CHIJ Chapel. CHIJMES was originally the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus, but its buildings were converted for commercial use and currently house restaurants and shops. This is a view of the exterior of the...
  • CHIJMES Hall : exterior

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This is a 2004 photograph showing the exterior of CHIJMES Hall, previously CHIJ Chapel. CHIJMES was originally the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus, but its buildings were converted for commercial use and currently house restaurants and shops. This is a view of the exterior of the converted chapel with...
  • Armenian Church, built in 1835 : interior [1]

    Streets and Places · Arts · Heirwin Mohd Nasir
    This 2003 photograph shows the interior of Armenian Church, with its red carpeted aisle, a two-tier sanctuary and wooden pews. Also shown in the photo is an altar consisting of a large religious painting placed at the top of a stepped structure on which crosses are placed. Title devised by...
  • Armenian Church, built in 1835 : general view

    Streets and Places · Arts · Tan, Bonny
    This 2004 photograph shows a general view of the Armenian Church with its white-washed walls and symmetrical Palladian architecture. The date 1835 can be seen on the building. Title devised by Library staff.
  • Bidadari Cemetery Protestant Chapel : exterior [6]

    Arts · Streets and Places · Lee, Kip Lin · Lee Kip Lin Collection
    This 1993 photograph shows the exterior of the Bidadari Cemetery Protestant chapel, located at the Christian cemetery section of Bidadari. It shows a portion of the chapel with a sloping roof and decorative windows. Title devised by Library staff.
    Reproduction Available