This 1995 photograph shows part of the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (from the open ground located south to Bukit Timah Fire Station). Seen in the foreground is a plot of vacant land with temporary fencing. One of the first nature reserves in Singapore, the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve was officially established by the British Colonial Government of the Straits Settlements in 1883. This reserve is also home to the Bukit Timah Hill, the highest hill in Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.