This 2005 photograph shows Dalhousie Obelisk with its white and grey exterior. The tall 'needle-like' monument commemorates the visit of Lord James Andrew, the Marquise of Dalhousie, Governor-General of India (1848-1856). It originally stood on the Cenotaph site off Connaught Drive from which it was removed to the Empress Place where it still stands today. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2005.