This 1982 photograph shows the footway at arcade entrance of the old Capitol Cinema, at North Bridge Road and Stamford Road. Previously known as Capitol Theatre, dated 1930, it was Shaw Organisation's flagship cinema. In 1984, it was earmarked for urban redevelopment and relaunched as Capitol Building (formerly Shaw Building) in 1992. It screened its last movie on 29 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.