Haw Par Villa statue in the 1960s : close-up [1]

This photograph, taken between 1960 and 1969, shows a statue in Haw Par Villa, which is also known as the Tiger Balm Gardens. Haw Par Villa is an oriental theme park located off Pasir Panjang Road. It depicts traditional Chinese legends, in particular the punishments meted out in the Ten Courts of Hell. It was built by Aw Boon Haw for his brother, Aw Boon Par in 1937.

Date of creation estimated.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
  • Amusement parks--Singapore--Photographs
  • Themed environments--Singapore--Photographs

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore