This 1990 photograph shows the canopy and fretwork fascia of the original 1930 / 40 Oldham Hall Outhouse at Barker Road. The road mentioned is near Dunearn Road. Oldham Hall was named after Bishop W.F. Oldham, the Methodist missionary, who started the Anglo-Chinese School and whose mission work spread to Malacca, Penang, the Federated Malay States and the Dutch East Indies. Barker Road was named after Municipal Commissioner, Arthur Barker of Barker & Keng Chuan.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.