A 1995 photograph showing a road bend at Jervois Road, with a warning sign "Hump" towards Tanglin Road (from a special school). A large tract of vacant land planted with grass, trees and hedges, is seen on the left. Located in the vicinity of Tanglin district, Jervois Road was named after Major-General Sir William Jervois, Royal Engineer and Governor of the Straits Settlements and Malay States (1875 - 77). Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.