This photograph taken in the 1950s, shows the demolished second Ocean Building (completed 1923), in Collyer Quay. There have been four Ocean Buildings constructed in 1866, 1923, 1974 and 2010. It is now called the Ocean Financial Centre and is located near the Raffles MRT station. This is part of a compiled album, with a label : "Photographs by : R.K. Tyers. Staff Straits Steamship Co., Ltd. Singapore." Title devised by Library staff.
Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.