This 1983 photograph shows Temple Street, towards South Bridge Road. It shows a view of a street with Sri Mariamman Temple on the left and shophouses on the right. A row of vehicles can be seen parked on either side of the street. Temple Street, officially named in 1908, was originally named Almeida Street. The street name refers to the Sri Mariamman Temple. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.