This is a pre-1914 photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. It shows attap-roofed houses in a kampong. The two houses seen in the middle ground serve as shops. Stacks of rattan fish traps are displayed outside each house. No date of creation provided. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008