This 1992 photograph shows shophouses along Dunlop Avenue, from Clive Street towards Jalan Besar. Dunlop Avenue which is no longer found in present street directory, is now known as Dunlop Street. Dunlop Avenue was named after Colonel Samuel Dunlop, Inspector-General of Police in the 1870s and official member of the Municipal Commission in 1887. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.