This 1992 photograph depicts a house at no. 19 Penhas Road. The shophouse features French windows with timber shutters, rectangular transform windows above them and patterned panels below the windows. The road mentioned is near Lavender Street. Penhas Road is named in 1929, after Rahamin Penhas, a wealthy Jewish merchant. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.