This 1983 photograph shows Neil Road, towards Tanjong Pagar Road (Kreta Ayer Road on the left side of the photograph). It shows a view of a one-way street with shophouses on both sides. In the background are seen the high-rise buildings of the central business district. Neil Road was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.