This 1969 photograph shows a row of two-storey shophouses at Sit Wah Road. Features includes full-length French windows topped with transom windows on the second storeys and swinging doors (pintu pagar) can be seen. The shophouses look to be built during the late-style period (1900-1940). Located in Tiong Bahru, Sit Wah Road is named after building contractor Sit Wah. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.