This 1982 photograph shows Blair Road (at road leading to Kampong Bahru Road and towards Spottiswoode Park Road). On the left side of photograph, it depicts a row of two-storey shophouses with wooden French windows at the upper floor. Blair Road is named after Captain John Blair, who succeeded Captain E.M. Smith as manager of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company in 1881. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.