This 1982 photograph shows a house, at no. 10 Blair Road (northwest side), near the bend towards Spottiswoode Park Road. Blair Road is named after Captain John Blair, who succeeded Captain E.M. Smith as manager of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company in 1881. The two-storey shophouse has a steel door grill, balcony door and lourved windows. The road sign of Blair Road can be seen on the right column of the shophouse. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.