This 1983 photograph shows Upper Cross Street, towards New Bridge Road. It shows a view of a street with rows of shophouses in the left foreground, and high-rise commercial buildings in the left background. After land reclamation in 1881, the original Cross Street was renamed to Upper Cross Street (while the extended street was named Cross Street). Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.