This 1969 photograph shows a room with benches along the wall in the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ), a premier girls’ school established in 1854 by an order of French Catholic nuns. It was located on a self-contained city block bound by Victoria Street, Bras Basah, North Bridge and Stamford Roads. The complex was gazetted as a national monument on 26 October 1990. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.