This 1969 photograph shows a row of terrace houses, each fronted with a forecourt. Known in the past as Silat (or Selat or Salat) Road, Neil Road was renamed in 1858 after the Indian Mutiny hero, Brigadier-General James George Smith Neil. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.