Skip to Main Content

Singapore Cricket Club, 1950s : general view


Reproduction Available:

This is a 1950s photograph of the Singapore Cricket Club which overlooks the Padang, then known as the Esplanade. It was established in 1852 and has changed over the years from being an elite colonial sports club to a multi-racial club catering to the sporting and social needs of the Singaporean community and is now the second oldest club in Singapore. Part of a compiled album, with a label : "PHOTOGRAPHS BY : R.K. TYERS. Staff STRAITS STEAMSHIP CO., LTD. SINGAPORE." Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures