Shown in this picture taken in the 1950s is a general view of the Central Fire Station at Hill Street, which was opened in 1909. It is the oldest fire station in Singapore. Seen too on the main thoroughfare outside the station are cyclists, trishaws, motor vehicles as well as tramcar cables installed high above the street. Photograph donated by Peh Heng Huat and displayed at Heritage Roadshow 2007. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2007. The original work © Peh Heng Huat.