An Art Deco-style two-storey building is pictured here and it was used to house the academic staff of the former Raffles College. It is one of the 5 bungalows at the Bukit Timah campus gazetted for conservation. Established on this site in 1929, Raffles College (with King Edward VII College of Medicine) was incorporated as the University of Malaya in 1949. In 1962, this university became known as the University of Singapore, and later renamed the National University of Singapore (N.U.S.) when it merged with Nanyang University in 1980. Today, this campus is home to the N.U.S.'s Law Faculty, the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and five Research Institutes. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.