This is a 1992 photograph, showing the Anderson Bridge, at Empress Place. The bridge, named after John Anderson, Commander-in-Chief of the Straits Settlements in 1910, crosses the mouth of Singapore River and connects Empress Place with Collyer Quay. In the background are the tall buildings of the financial business district. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.