This 1982 photograph shows houses, at no. 7 and 9 Blair Road. The houses feature French windows with wooden shutters on the upper floor. Clothes can be seen hanging outside the window. Blair Road is named after Captain John Blair, who succeeded Captain E.M. Smith as manager of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company in 1881. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.