This is a 1982 photograph depicting Cumming Street with shophouses, at the corner of Fisher Street and Angus Street. The building at the corner of Fisher Street is dated 1930. Cumming Street was named after Dr. James B. Cumming, secretary, treasurer and Worshipful Master of the Masonic Zetland Lodge. Fisher Street was named after Admiral Sir John Fisher, the first Sea Lord in 1904. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.