This 1992 photograph shows a Presbyterian church on Prinsep Street. The church was renamed as Prinsep Presbyterian Church in 1956. It was later gazetted as a national monument. The most notable architectural features of the church are the distinctive red brick façade and the raised brickwork on the tower and belfry. At the front of the church, lightly modelled brickwork rises high in gable formation expressing the shape of the roof and culminating in a bell tower. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.