This 1967 photograph shows some houses along Java Road, in the historic Kampong Glam area. The minaret of Masjid Hajjah Fatimah can be seen on the left. Built between 1845 and 1846, the mosque was named after Hajjah Fatimah, a wealthy businesswoman. It was gazetted a national monument in 1973. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.