This is 1982 photograph depicting Race Course Road (towards the northeast from Hampshire Road). It shows a view of a street with three-storey shophouses along the right side, and a traffic island on the left with some greenery. Race Course Road is part of the perimeter of the old race course (now Farrer Park) which was built by the Singapore Sporting Club in 1843 to hold horse racing events. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.