This 1986 photograph shows shophouses (dated 1950) on 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 and 44 Syed Alwi Road. Syed Alwi Road is off Serangoon Road. Syed Alwi Road is named after Syed Allie bin Mohamed Al Junied (1814 - 1858), the son of an Arab merchant, who contributed generously to the community. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.