This is a 1982 photograph, showing Armenian Street, from Stamford Road. Rows of shophouses line both sides of the street. The distinctive MPH building can be seen to the left of the photograph. Armenian Street was named after the Armenian Church, a national monument dated 1835 and the oldest church in Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.