This 1983 photograph shows a side view of a shophouse, dated 1929, at a junction of New Bridge Road (at Upper Circular Road). Built in 1842, New Bridge Road was named after Coleman's New Bridge which was constructed over the Singapore River in 1840. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.