This 1995 photograph shows one of the bungalows built in Art Deco style which was used to house academic staff of the former Raffles College at the Bukit Timah campus. It is one of the 5 bungalows gazetted for conservation. Established at the Bukit Timah site in 1929, Raffles College (with King Edward VII College of Medicine) was incorporated as the University of Malaya in 1949. In 1962, this university became known as the University of Singapore, and later renamed the National University of Singapore (N.U.S.) when it merged with Nanyang University in 1980. Today, this campus is home to the N.U.S.'s Law Faculty, the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and five Research Institutes. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.