This is a 1982 photograph depicting Race Course Road (from Owen Road corner towards northeast). It shows a view of a street with two-storey shophouses standing on the right, at the junction of the two roads. Race Course Road is part of the perimeter of the old race course (now Farrer Park) which was built by the Singapore Sporting Club in 1843 to hold horse racing events. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.