This is a photograph of the former Bukit Panjang English School near Woodlands Road. The picture shows a view of the two-storey block with roof overhang above the windows on the first storey. Established in 1932, the school is now known as Bukit Panjang Primary School. This 1993 photograph was taken when the school premises was used by Madrasah Al-Irsyad Al-Islamiah. Title devised by Library staff. The photographer’s notes indicate the following: “Woodlands Road, Ex Bukit Panjang Secondary School (English), now a Malay School”.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.