Skip to Main Content

Malay village by New Harbour, 1863 : panoramic view [1]


Reproduction Available:

An 1863 photograph illustrating a Malay village on stilts, situated near New Harbour. After 1900, New Harbour was renamed Keppel Harbour. It was also nicknamed "Dragon's Teeth Gate" after it was discovered by Chinese seafarers, during the 14th century. The image was digitised from a Sachtler & Co. album entitled "Views and types of Singapore, 1863". Title information from donor. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore