This 1983 photograph shows Coleman Bridge, from North Boat Quay. Originally called New Bridge, the second bridge built across the Singapore River was renamed after D.G. Coleman. Constructed as a brick bridge in 1840, it was replaced with the current concrete bridge in 1986. The construction of The Riverwalk can be seen in the background of the photograph. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.