Skip to Main Content

The Arts House, top-half : exterior



This photograph shows the Arts House, which resides in the old Parliament House building. It depicts its Tuscan style-columns and cornices. The building was built in 1827 by John Argyle Maxwell as a residence, before he sold it to the state. This is also the site of former Temenggong's home. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2007.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore