This is a 1982 photograph depicting the Singapore Buddhist Lodge at Kim Yam Road. The old colonial bungalow has been demolished and replaced with a multi-storey building development for the Singapore Buddhist Lodge. Kim Yam Road was named after Wee Kim Yam (1855-1914), eldest son of Wee Ah Hood, prominent Teochew gambier planter and junk owner. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.